Having your best interest at heart means that GenFed offers you more than just financial products. We also offer you free financial education and counseling services!
GenFed has teamed up with Accel, a financial counseling program, to offer our members free financial counseling that’s personalized to your individual needs. From developing a savings plan to saving a home from foreclosure, advice is only a phone call away.
Enjoy unlimited access to financial counselors for personal assistance with:
- Personal and family budgeting
- Understanding your personal credit report and how to improve your score
- Personal money management
- Debt repayment
- Avoiding bankruptcy, foreclosure, and repossession
Accel counselors are available Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (EST), Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. To use this service, simply call 1-877-33ACCEL (332-2235) or visit www.accelservices.org.
You can also take advantage of free online courses related to:
- Budgeting basics
- Credit reports and scores
Wish you were a better budgeter? GenFed can help! We offer BudgetSmart, a free tool that can help you gain better control over your budget.
- Establish a budget.
- Track your spending.
- Get tips on how to save more or spend less.
- Experiment with “what if” scenarios to help you make decisions about major purchases and more.
Whether you’re opening your first checking account or just want to get better at managing the one you already have, CheckRight is right for you! GenFed offers free access to this online self-study program to help you feel more confident about managing your money.
Among other things, CheckRight will help you learn how to:
- Open an account
- Write checks
- Make deposits
- Maintain a check register
- Reconcile an account
- Create a spending plan