Branch Lobbies may be closed but GenFed is OPEN! Here are some options for making deposits during this time.
Drive through, night drop, phones and digital services will remain available for uninterrupted access to your funds and branch lobbies will be temporarily closed to ensure staff remain healthy and able to serve you. For branches without drive through and night drop services we recommend the following:
Antwerp, Ohio branch traffic for lobby and night drop visit the ATM in the vestibule or visit the Bryan, Ohio branch drive through or night drop.
Sheffield Lake and Lorain, Baumhart, Ohio branch traffic for lobby and night drop visit the Lorain, Oberlin Avenue branch drive through, ATM or night drop.
Fairlawn, Ohio branch traffic for lobby and night drop use the ATM in the vestibule or visit the Akron office. or the Wadsworth, Great Oaks office drive through or night drop.
- Mobile Check Deposit – Use a smart phone or computer to make a check deposit. CHECK AMOUNT LIMIT TEMPORARILY INCREASED TO $1,300.
- Take cash to CVS, 7-Eleven, Casey’s General Store, Family Dollar, or Ace Cash Express (contact us first for instructions/QRC code)
- Use a deposit taking ATM ATM TRANSACTION FEE AFTER 4 PER MONTH BEING WAIVED WHILE BRANCH LOBBIES ARE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED.
- Use the postal service to mail the item
- Use GenFed’s Money Mover service
- Use direct deposit for your paycheck
Share Insurance Coverage Increase: Due to COVID-19 and the CARE Act there has been a temporary increase in share insurance coverage through American Share Insurance. “NON-INTEREST-BEARING TRANSACTION” ACCOUNTS WITH GENFED ARE TEMPORARILY INSURED WITHOUT LIMIT.
In addition to the regular services you normally conduct at our drive throughs you will also be able to open accounts, open new memberships and complete loan signings. Anything you would normally do in a branch, we are handling through the drive through and/or night drop boxes. Call your local branch for instructions on how to handle your request and we’ll get you taken care of securely and safely!