The sooner somebody learns smart money habits, the more successful they’ll be in the long term. GenFed helps younger members start out the right way with products tailored to their needs.
If you have a child age 12 or younger, help them learn that saving can be fun with the Cash Cow Children’s Savings Club! Talk to your child about money now to help them succeed in the future.
- Cash Cow coin bank helps young members save their change.
- Special gifts every other month to make saving money fun and exciting.
- Annual coloring contest, with winners featured in a GenFed calendar.
When you open your child or grandchild’s Cash Cow savings account, we’ll add an additional $5 to your first deposit. When they bring their filled Cash Cow bank back to us to deposit their change, we’ll also deposit an additional $5 in their account up to 4 times per year!
|Required Opening Deposit||Minimum Balance to Earn Dividends||Dividend Rate (APY)|
When the youth member turns 13, their Cash Cow savings account automatically becomes a Traditional Savings account.
If you are a joint account holder on a Cash Cow savings account, you may be eligible for special benefits under our Co-op Advantage program.
Teens can save with a GenFed Traditional Savings Account, plus enjoy special savings perks.
- Eligibility to open a 3 month Certificate with only $500.
- Eligibility for higher interest rate on Educational IRA.
Members between the ages of 15 and 18 qualify for GenFed’s Teen Checking Account. We make it easy to get started and keep up with your account on the go! Plus, you’ll automatically be part of our Young Platinum program.
- Free checking
- Free online and mobile banking services, including eAlerts and remote check deposit
- Free e-Statements
- Free debit card
- Access to 64,000 surcharge-free ATMs
Members who are age 15 when they open the checking account are required to keep $500 in their savings account. That requirement is removed at age 16. A parent or guardian must be a joint account holder until the member turns 18.
Members age 21 and younger automatically qualify for Young Platinum status with GenFed’s Co-op Advantage program!
Platinum members enjoy perks like:
- Unlimited free over the counter transactions
- Unlimited free debit card PIN and signature transactions (depends on checking account type)
- Unlimited free check cashing
Fun financial learning starts here!
APY stands for Annual Percentage Yield. See rates page for rates disclosures. ACCOUNTS INSURED UP TO $500,000. American Share Insurance insures each account up to $250,000. Excess Share Insurance Corporation provides up to an additional $250,000 of insurance per account.