During this time of extraordinary uncertainty we want to assure you that our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of our members, employees and communities. In the weeks ahead we want you to know that GenFed will continue to be here to support you and your families.
Due to decreased staffing to protect our teams and ensure we can remain here for you, we are appealing to you in the cooperative spirit to consider staying home and handling transactions and inquiries that can easily be handled via ATM, online banking, both of our mobile apps, remote deposit and eSignatures for loans without making a trip to our physical branches. We also appreciate your patience as we’re experiencing longer than normal call and drive through-wait times. The more we all stick together in these uncertain times, the stronger we’ll come out of this on the other side!
As with many organizations we have put the following procedures in place to do our part in flattening the curve and protecting our employees so they can continue to be there for you:
- Our social and employee distancing includes temporarily suspending branch walk-in traffic and we appreciate your understanding and use of drive throughs and digital channels.
- We are re-organizing our branch staff into A & B teams to allow proper social distancing and to protect teams in case of illness in one group. The A team works for a week, then remains at home (with pay) the following week while the B team takes over. This allows us to continue to serve you while also giving each employee at least six feet of social distancing space.
- Those employees that can work from home full time are doing so. Instead of meeting face to face all staff are using virtual meeting tools.
- We are preparing for the possibility of reduced or modified hours or the suspension of additional branches as we conquer this virus.
EMPLOYEE FINANCIAL WELLNESS
- We continue to pay employees normal pay on inactive, non-scheduled weeks, we have provided additional internal paid time off for any absences from their rotation or scheduled hours related to the Coronavirus, are providing extra pay for the weeks they work in the office, and we are adhering to all aspects of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
EMPLOYEE PEACE OF MIND
- Employees have access to employee assistance program (EAP) services, we have relaxed dress and music guidelines, and are providing frequent paid lunches to employees during their active weeks.
- Staff office spaces as well as common areas are sanitized daily. We are following CDC guidelines on cleaning, contracting with professional cleaners for frequent deep cleans, providing supplies, and providing protective wear to employees (you may begin to see employees wearing masks soon).
- Our drive through and ATM facilities are being professionally cleaned and sanitized and we ask you to bring your own pen or take the one you use with you after your transaction.
EMPLOYEE ILLNESS PREVENTION/QUARANTINE
- We are following CDC guidelines related to illness, separation and quarantine, and employees are required to check their temperatures every morning before coming into work.
Rest assured that we remain as focused as ever on serving your financial needs with heart. If you’re experiencing a hardship as a result of the Coronavirus, please visit our COVID-19 Help for Members page and reach out to us for assistance. If you have questions on COVID-19, please visit the CDC’s website.