Welcome to a New Way to Pay
To make using your GenFed debit and credit cards even more convenient and secure, you may store them in your mobile wallet. A mobile wallet is a way for you to pay for purchases using your mobile device (smartphone, tablet, smartwatch, etc.). A variety of cards can be stored in your wallet. Your card information is stored on your mobile device in a digital and secure format, in Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay® or Google Pay™. Your device determines which option you can use. All you need from GenFed to enroll is your checking account and an active MasterCard debit card or an active MasterCard credit card
How does this work?
- Either open the mobile wallet app already on your device (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay) or download the app to your device.
- Enroll your card to your wallet by following the instructions you’ll see on your device.
- Your card information is then securely sent through MasterCard.
- For debit cards MasterCard securely sends card information to GenFed for verification.
- For debit cards GenFed approves the request.
- You’re all set to start using your device to pay for purchases wherever your pay is accepted! When ready to pay for your purchases:
- Open your mobile wallet.
- Choose your debit or credit card.
- Hold your device at the merchant’s payment terminal, or look for the purchase button online and in apps.
- Some merchants may ask you to sign a receipt.